CORNELL & PROTECTING THE BIG RED BRAND
CORNELL & THE AGE OF IMPUNITY ππππ
Do not dismiss this article , if you're biased against the NYT as a hard core conservative. You should then dismiss Trump as a hard core dismissive of women, " You gotta grab them (women) by the pxxsy" Great message (NOT) to America's teenage boys, college frat boys, young men working in the trades, young men throwing down a few beers, ..young men everywhere.
I'm thankful I grew up in a household with three sisters & knowing we were treated the same by parents, going to Catholic schools & learning to respect my female classmates in the same manner as my male classmates.
Of course I was attracted to my female classmates, my female work colleagues, women i met in bars, I NEVER thought I was entitled to grab them or ply them with alcohol and rip their clothes off.
I am a bit surprised or naive thst our college campuses still have some barbaric atmosphere. Or I fail to accept that Dick Wolf's Law & Order franchise deals with more reality than i want to accept.
College administrators, mandatory " NO TOLERANCE " seminars every semester.
PARENTS: strong talk, guidance, lessons on the importance of RESPECT of girls/women.
My sorrow & condolences to all women who have endured such callous & barbaric behavior.
This morning Mass at Holy Spirit, Fr. Jim Schwartz welcomed & baptized baby girl Sophia Elizabeth into the Carholic faith.In my pew I was thinking & hoping that God will watch over this little girl and protect her from evil her entire life.
Dear parents and godparents: You have come here to present this child for baptism. By water and the Holy Spirit he (she) is to receive the gift of new life from God, who is love.
On your part, you must make it your constant care to bring him (her) up in the practice of the faith. See that the divine life which God gives him (her) is kept safe from the poison of sin, to grow always stronger in his (her) heart.
If your faith makes you ready to accept this responsibility, renew now the vows of your own baptism. Reject sin; profess your faith in Christ Jesus. This is the faith of the Church.
This is the faith in which this child is about to be baptized.
Today, many young & older Catholics say Catholic vows & covenants at sacramental ceremonies (Baptism, Confirmation, & Matrimony) without thought. That's it, they say the words without any reflection or obedience.
Baptism promise
Do you reject sin, so as to live in the freedom of God’s children?
All: I do.
Celebrant: Do you reject the glamor of evil, and refuse to be mastered by sin?
All: I do.
Celebrant: Do you reject Satan, father of sin and prince of darkness?
All: I do.
Celebrant: Do you believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth?
All I do.
So at Catholic Baptism, our parents & Godparents promise to refect Satan & evil on our behalf. Guidelines are the 10 Commandments & Sacraments. Easy right? Except until when Satan enters the picture.
"Go ahead that girl won't know or remember. "
"Go ahead tell a story that isn't true."
"Go ahead everyone is doing it."
"Go ahead disregard what your parents taught you, that's old school."
And the moral fiber, background of our society erodes when our colleges & country's leadership let things slide. There aren't any mulligans when you physically abuse another human being
Just my two cents worth.
Comments
Post a Comment