BOUNDARIES???
St. Denis and Companions; St. John Leonardi
Boundaries
But upon returning, [the unclean spirit] finds it swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and brings back seven other spirits more wicked than itself who move in and dwell there, and the last condition of that man is worse than the first.
Luke 11:25-26
This reminds me so much of the dear clients who come to my office and do the sacred work of healing, forgiveness and transformation. They do what it takes to sweep the past clean and create internal order. This feels amazing—for them and for me, as a collaborator and witness to their progress.
However, if we want to maintain this clean and orderly internal space, our work does not stop here. There is one important component for protecting our peace—boundaries. Boundaries are how we define what can enter our sacred space and what cannot. The idea is that people are free to act however they wish, but not everything is acceptable in order to remain in proximity or in a relationship. Having wise, loving, strong boundaries ensures that our peace will remain impenetrable and our hard work will remain intact.
- Kristin Armstrong
I lived on a large piece acreage as a kid, we had dogs , they knew the property boundaries & didn't need to be restrained.
They respected the boundaries.
I could drive the tractor within the same boundaries, but couldn't & didn't drive on the road until I was older.
The dog we got when I was married, only respected the property boundary by way of a leash or invisible fence.
When I played high school basketball there was a definite small boundary on where I could dribble the ball. Near the basket where I rebounded the ball, or on a set play. I respected that boundary, I didn't want to incur the wrath of coach & i wanted to remain in the game.
Why do adults not understand & respect boundaries as they age ? The situations i explained above, the supervisors were men. I do think its women more than men who fail to respect boundaries. That's my observation, but it seems to be very factual.
SET THE BOUNDARYππ
Boundaries 101: What They Are and Why Your Mental Health Depends on Them - Acceptance Counseling0ππ
DON'T BE FOOLED BY NICE
Leila Miller
ππ
https://share.google/RSTGFbE9mWt9Mf67O
Comments
Post a Comment