GIVING THANKS ππ GOD BLESS AMERICA πΊπ² πΆ Living Faith June 3, 2026 St. Charles Lwanga and Companions Facing Hardships? …bear your share of hardship for the Gospel with the strength that comes from God…and the grace bestowed on us in Christ Jesus… 2 Timothy 1:8, 9 St. Paul, the prisoner, knows of hardship. We may face physical and emotional hardships due to our choices for Christ and the teachings of his Church. Standing up or standing out from among our peers or families when it comes to this faith, we may naturally fear facing scorn, being ostracized or worse. I can’t pretend it hasn’t happened to me, and the short list of my losses includes friends,...
There are no π cell phonesπ±☎️ nor texting ⌨️ in God's kingdom. ππ i bid . . fond adeius to Mom & Dad, Grandpa S, Grandma G, Roger, Ann, Mike S, Fairport Mike , Uncle Frank Garvey. ❤️ ❤️ π π€² . When I get older losing my hair Many years from now Will you still be sending me a Valentine Birthday greetings, bottle of wine If I'd been out till quarter to three Would you lock the door Will you still need me, will you still feed me When I'm sixty-four" --- The Beatles π Jeopardy π π₯ ⛳️ Not so for my good friend, Mike Spreter who died last Saturday (11/19/2022) morning from esophagical cancer at the age of 64, a month younger than I . The cancer advanced quickly and aggressively . I met Michael about 5 years ago. We hit it off because we were both avid college basketball fan, Mike SU, myself SJU. We were both good at sports, historical, & Jeopardy trivia....
My family, my extended family, & I, seemed to be snake bitten in the early 2000 years with cancer. In April 2000, my mother was diagnosed with leukemia. Mom battled but she died in March of 2001. At the beginning of 2002 in January, my father-in-law Stu Alexander was diagnosed with melanoma. Stu died six months later in June. Also, I began enduring some health problems of my own during the beginning of 2002, rheumatoid arthritis and some mental health issues. They were difficult back then, and have proven to be more than one time episodes. π ππΏ Okay, we thought those years are behind us, but in March of 2003 my youngest daughter, Lauren, 13, was diagnosed with a cancer and a tumor growth on her left hip. It was going to require radiation, surgery, and possibly chemotherapy. Lauren went to daily radiation treatments after school, driven by myself or my wife, sometimes a friend, until June, when she had plastic surgery and the tumor removed from her left hip...
Comments
Post a Comment