GOOD NIGHT IRENE AUG 2011
GOOD NIGHT IRENE!!!
August 29, 2011
Anthony Schmitt
Fr. Patrick , & two other St. Elizabeth of Hungary Parishioners- Sunday August 28, 2011 . I was the fourth person at Mass that morning. I had to pound on rectory door to wake up Fr. Patrick.
Out of town friends and some locals, Irene did throw some mighty punches, lots of people without power, trees & power lines down, flooding, lots of rain, but Ll may have gone down for the count but, was never knocked out. The Sun is rising and we are ready for the clean up.
The true spirit of LI came through, as many neighbors helped each other, maybe you made a new friend yesterday.
Fr. Patrick, in his sermon yesterday said; " Maybe God Iwas sending a message to us in the North easterner ; slow down and rest on Sunday as the bible says. There were no trains, planes, etc....most of us didn't work, and yet the world went on and didn't stop.." Hmmmm...........very interesting point. Glad I made the effort to get to Mass and hear that message.
Thank you, Fr. Patrick
At St. Elizabeth Church (I became a lector, altar boy, open the church doors)...., I visited uncle Roger, visited Mom's grave, helped Lenny & Lois Stein,
took a tour of lower Melville (wow, lots of trees down), rode along Ocean parkway, got some great pics, I'll send out later..., visited with Dad & Uncle Roger.....WE NEVER LOST POWER IN S F'DALE....we have room to store some frozen stuff. let me know....
Prior to Irene. Back deck @ 36 CRESTWOOD BLVD So. Farmingdale. I cleared all furniture, grills , etc. Dad's house. He died 7 months later.
Hope all is well with you and your families...
Thanks for your prayers, thoughts, and concern. Thanks to God for harboring us from nature's storm.
Peace & safety to all,
AJS III (aka Anthony or Tony)
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -Mother Teresa
Comments
Post a Comment